Fall Car Care Tips
With summer quickly coming to a close and fall seemingly right around the corner, it’s finally time to begin preparing for the colder weather that the Minneapolis area provides us with, and while you may be fully prepared for autumn weather, your vehicle may not. To ensure proper vehicle functionality and safety throughout the next few months, our Morrie’s Golden Valley Cadillac dealer is here to share some preparation tips we’ve learned over our many years of experience and help service your vehicle the right way!
Tips For Preparing Your Cadillac For Fall
- Check Your Tire Pressures/Replace Your Tires – As you may or may not know, warmer weather will likely result in increased tire pressures, with colder weather having an adverse effect. To ensure that your tires are properly inflated and haven’t overinflated themselves during the summer, simply take a moment to check that your tire pressures are uniform and inflated to the appropriate PSI.
- Replace Your Windshield Wipers & Top-Off Your Wiper Fluid – A dirty windshield can pose a significant safety hazard to you and other drivers around you. If your blades are in poor condition, allow our certified professionals to swap them out for a new set and top-off your windshield wiper fluid.
- Inspect Your Battery – Check the connections on your battery to make sure they’re tight, clean, and free of any corrosion. Colder weather that the Minneapolis area throws our way can be especially hard on a vehicle battery, so before that weather begins setting in, be sure to check your vehicle’s battery and charging system.
- Have Your Brakes Checked – To ensure that your brakes — potentially the most important component of your vehicle — are fully prepared to take on colder weather, allow our Golden Valley Cadillac service center to conduct a brake inspection or brake replacement.
- Check Your Lights – With colder weather also bringing earlier sunset times, you will likely begin using your vehicle’s headlights and hi-beams more frequently. Because of this, it’s important that your headlights, taillights, fog lights, and brake lights are in working order.
Schedule Cadillac Service Near Minneapolis
If you have any questions regarding our Cadillac service center, or you would like to go ahead and schedule a service appointment here in Golden Valley, please don’t hesitate to contact us online here or pay us a visit here at Morrie’s Golden Valley Cadillac, conveniently located at 7400 Wayzata Blvd in Golden Valley, MN.